NetBSD Problem Report #39788

From www@NetBSD.org  Wed Oct 22 17:18:38 2008
Return-Path: <www@NetBSD.org>
Received: from mail.netbsd.org (mail.netbsd.org [204.152.190.11])
	by narn.NetBSD.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id B0CD663BAC6
	for <gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org>; Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:18:38 +0000 (UTC)
Message-Id: <20081022171838.6B12B63B93C@narn.NetBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:18:38 +0000 (UTC)
From: ellson@research.att.com
Reply-To: ellson@research.att.com
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Subject: graphviz on AIX
X-Send-Pr-Version: www-1.0

>Number:         39788
>Category:       pkg
>Synopsis:       graphviz on AIX
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    aix-pkg-people
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Oct 22 17:20:00 +0000 2008
>Last-Modified:  Thu Apr 26 13:38:36 +0000 2012
>Originator:     John Ellson
>Release:        
>Organization:
AT&T Research
>Environment:
AIX
>Description:
I'm a developer for graphviz.   I'm getting requests for graphviz on AIX and was hoping pkgsrc.org had one available, but I didn't find it.   Is this because of some problem in the graphviz code that I need to fix?

Basically I'm trying to understand from your AIX experts what the issues are?


>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:
[20110327 shattered] edited Environment: field

From: "OBATA Akio" <obache@netbsd.org>
To: gnats-bugs@netbsd.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:01:46 +0900

 On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 02:20:01 +0900, <ellson@research.att.com> wrote:

 > I'm a developer for graphviz.   I'm getting requests for graphviz on AIX and was hoping pkgsrc.org had one available,
 > but I didn't find it.   Is this because of some problem in the graphviz code that I need to fix?

 Our graphviz is in graphics/graphviz.
 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/graphics/graphviz/README.html
 But too old (2.16.1) because of no maintainer.

 > Basically I'm trying to understand from your AIX experts what the issues are?

 Unfortunately we have no responsible developers for AIX now.

From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@web.de>
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 +0000

 Hi,

 maybe PR pkg/40180 helps out the problem with the old pkg.
 Would be great if John Ellson could try the patch, too.

 It compiles on AIX using PKG_OPTIONS.graphviz= -x11 -pangocairo -lua -tcl 
 (IIRC).

 Best regards,
 Jens

From: John Ellson <ellson@research.att.com>
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:48:21 -0500

 Jens,

 Could you send (or resend) a copy of this patch please?   I probably 
 missed it, or lost it.

 Thanks. 

 John


 Jens Rehsack wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR pkg/39788; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@web.de>
 > To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
 > Cc: 
 > Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
 > Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 +0000
 >
 >  Hi,
 >  
 >  maybe PR pkg/40180 helps out the problem with the old pkg.
 >  Would be great if John Ellson could try the patch, too.
 >  
 >  It compiles on AIX using PKG_OPTIONS.graphviz= -x11 -pangocairo -lua -tcl 
 >  (IIRC).
 >  
 >  Best regards,
 >  Jens
 >  
 >   

From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@web.de>
To: John Ellson <ellson@research.att.com>
Cc: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:33:59 +0000

 > Jens Rehsack wrote:
 > > The following reply was made to PR pkg/39788; it has been noted by GNATS.
 > >
 > > From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@web.de>
 > > To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
 > > Cc: 
 > > Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
 > > Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 +0000
 > >
 > >  Hi,
 > >  
 > >  maybe PR pkg/40180 helps out the problem with the old pkg.
 > >  Would be great if John Ellson could try the patch, too.
 > >  
 > >  It compiles on AIX using PKG_OPTIONS.graphviz= -x11 -pangocairo -lua -tcl 
 > >  (IIRC).
 > >  
 > >  Best regards,
 > >  Jens
 >
 > Jens,

 Hi John,

 > Could you send (or resend) a copy of this patch please?   I probably 
 > missed it, or lost it.

 The patch could be found in PR pkg/40180 
 (http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=40180). I didn't 
 attach it to the follow-up of pkg/39788.

 > Thanks. 
 >
 > John

 Best regards,
 Jens


From: John Ellson <ellson@research.att.com>
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:11:10 -0500

 Jens Rehsack wrote:
 > The following reply was made to PR pkg/39788; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@web.de>
 > To: John Ellson <ellson@research.att.com>
 > Cc: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
 > Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
 > Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:33:59 +0000
 >
 >  > Jens Rehsack wrote:
 >  > > The following reply was made to PR pkg/39788; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >  > >
 >  > > From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@web.de>
 >  > > To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
 >  > > Cc: 
 >  > > Subject: Re: pkg/39788: graphviz on AIX
 >  > > Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:42:18 +0000
 >  > >
 >  > >  Hi,
 >  > >  
 >  > >  maybe PR pkg/40180 helps out the problem with the old pkg.
 >  > >  Would be great if John Ellson could try the patch, too.
 >  > >  
 >  > >  It compiles on AIX using PKG_OPTIONS.graphviz= -x11 -pangocairo -lua -tcl 
 >  > >  (IIRC).
 >  > >  
 >  > >  Best regards,
 >  > >  Jens
 >  >
 >  > Jens,
 >  
 >  Hi John,
 >  
 >  > Could you send (or resend) a copy of this patch please?   I probably 
 >  > missed it, or lost it.
 >  
 >  The patch could be found in PR pkg/40180 
 >  (http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=40180). I didn't 
 >  attach it to the follow-up of pkg/39788.
 >  
 >  > Thanks. 
 >  >
 >  > John
 >  
 >  Best regards,
 >  Jens
 >  
 >  
 >   
 Jens, thanks, but I really don't know what to do with this patch?  It 
 seems to be largely diffs of generated files between two releases,
 or NetBSD packaging changes to files that don't come from upstream?

 e.g,  

 	-DISTNAME=      graphviz-2.16.1
 	-PKGREVISION=   4
 	+DISTNAME=      graphviz-2.20.3

 Is there any chance you could produce a diff between upstream CVS 
 sources and your latest patched code, just for those changes that we 
 should be taking back?
 e.g. changes to configure.ac or Makefile.am, but not those to config.h, 
 or Makefile.in or Makefile, or to any of those NetBSDs packaging or 
 patches/* files?

 I see some changes to configure.ac, but AFAICT these are our upstream 
 changes between 2.16 and 2.20?  I can't tell if there is something new 
 in there.


 Thanks

 John



Responsible-Changed-From-To: pkg-manager->aix-pkg-people
Responsible-Changed-By: obache@NetBSD.org
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:38:36 +0000
Responsible-Changed-Why:
support request for AIX.


>Unformatted:

NetBSD Home
NetBSD PR Database Search

(Contact us) $NetBSD: query-full-pr,v 1.39 2013/11/01 18:47:49 spz Exp $
$NetBSD: gnats_config.sh,v 1.8 2006/05/07 09:23:38 tsutsui Exp $
Copyright © 1994-2007 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.