NetBSD Problem Report #51140

From www@NetBSD.org  Sun May 15 13:47:59 2016
Return-Path: <www@NetBSD.org>
Received: from mail.netbsd.org (mail.netbsd.org [199.233.217.200])
	(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
	(Client CN "mail.netbsd.org", Issuer "Postmaster NetBSD.org" (verified OK))
	by mollari.NetBSD.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 31A5D7A106
	for <gnats-bugs@gnats.NetBSD.org>; Sun, 15 May 2016 13:47:59 +0000 (UTC)
Message-Id: <20160515134758.272CE7AAAE@mollari.NetBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 13:47:58 +0000 (UTC)
From: stackfield0trpg@gmail.com
Reply-To: stackfield0trpg@gmail.com
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Subject: MesaLib-11.2.1 doesn't support GLSL software with modular X11.
X-Send-Pr-Version: www-1.0

>Number:         51140
>Category:       pkg
>Synopsis:       MesaLib-11.2.1 doesn't support GLSL software with modular X11.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    tnn
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sun May 15 13:50:00 +0000 2016
>Last-Modified:  Mon May 16 07:10:00 +0000 2016
>Originator:     stackfield
>Release:        NetBSD-7 stable
>Organization:
>Environment:
NetBSD rainsbase 7.0_STABLE NetBSD 7.0_STABLE (GENERIC) #0: Thu May 12 09:03:35 JST 2016  root@rainsbase:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386
>Description:
MesaLib/11.2.1 with X11_TYPE=modular set in mk.conf isn't able to run brick contains graphic/mesademo.
This problem, i see, cause on Radeon R600 hardware because Asm code in glapi in mesalib can't handle well in netbsd envelopment.
>How-To-Repeat:
1. build and install modular-xorg-server and modular-xorg-apps after X11_TYPE=modular set on mk.conf
2. Run brick in MesaDemo
>Fix:
This problem seems partially corrected on xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mapi/entry.c (refer to http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mapi/entry.c.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&only_with_tag=MAIN&f=h).
Its code work on my system.

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@NetBSD.org>
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/51140: MesaLib-11.2.1 doesn't support GLSL software with
 modular X11.
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 02:21:29 +0200

 On Sun, 15 May 2016 13:50:00 +0000 (UTC)
 stackfield0trpg@gmail.com wrote:

 > This problem seems partially corrected on xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mapi/entry.c (refer to http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mapi/entry.c.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&only_with_tag=MAIN&f=h).
 > Its code work on my system.

 This is not the right fix. TLS dispatch is supposed to work in pkgsrc mesa.
 the brick demo works for me, how does it fail for you?

 $ cd /tmp/pkgsrc-obj/graphics/MesaDemos/work/mesa-demos-8.2.0/src/glsl
 $ ./brick
 Uniforms:
   0: LightPosition size=1 type=0x8b51 loc=0 value=0.1, 0.1, 9, 0
   1: BrickColor size=1 type=0x8b51 loc=1 value=0.8, 0.2, 0.2, 0
   2: MortarColor size=1 type=0x8b51 loc=2 value=0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 0
   3: BrickSize size=1 type=0x8b50 loc=3 value=1, 0.3, 0, 0
   4: BrickPct size=1 type=0x8b50 loc=4 value=0.9, 0.8, 0, 0
 GL_RENDERER = Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.38.0, LLVM 3.8.0)

Responsible-Changed-From-To: pkg-manager->tnn
Responsible-Changed-By: tnn@NetBSD.org
Responsible-Changed-When: Mon, 16 May 2016 00:25:41 +0000
Responsible-Changed-Why:
It may be a regression on i386. Seems to work on amd64.


From: stack field <stackfield0trpg@gmail.com>
To: gnats-bugs@netbsd.org
Cc: pkg-manager@netbsd.org, gnats-admin@netbsd.org, pkgsrc-bugs@netbsd.org
Subject: Re: pkg/51140: MesaLib-11.2.1 doesn't support GLSL software with
 modular X11.
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 16:06:33 +0900

 >>> the brick demo works for me, how does it fail for you?
 the brick demo on my computer showed the following message:

 rainsbase# cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/MesaDemos/work/mesa-demos-8.2.0/src/glsl
 rainsbase# LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ./brick
 libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/pkg/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
 libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/pkg/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
 libGL: Can't open configuration file /usr/pkg/etc/drirc: No such file
 or directory.
 libGL: Can't open configuration file /root/.drirc: No such file or directory.
 libGL: Can't open configuration file /usr/pkg/etc/drirc: No such file
 or directory.
 libGL: Can't open configuration file /root/.drirc: No such file or directory.
 libGL: Using DRI2 for screen 0
 Memory fault (core dumped)
 rainsbase# gdb brick brick.core
 GNU gdb (GDB) 7.7.1
 Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
 This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
 There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
 and "show warranty" for details.
 This GDB was configured as "i486--netbsdelf".
 Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
 For bug reporting instructions, please see:
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
 Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
 <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
 For help, type "help".
 Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
 Reading symbols from brick...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
 [New process 1]
 Core was generated by `brick'.
 Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
 #0  0xbb9e195d in shared_dispatch_stub_161 () from /usr/pkg/lib/libglapi.so.0
 (gdb) bt full
 #0  0xbb9e195d in shared_dispatch_stub_161 () from /usr/pkg/lib/libglapi.so.0
 No symbol table info available.
 #1  0x0804a705 in CompileShaderText ()
 No symbol table info available.
 #2  0x0804a858 in CompileShaderFile ()
 No symbol table info available.
 #3  0x0804b354 in main ()
 No symbol table info available.

 2016-05-16 9:25 GMT+09:00 Tobias Nygren <tnn@netbsd.org>:
 > The following reply was made to PR pkg/51140; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@NetBSD.org>
 > To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
 > Cc:
 > Subject: Re: pkg/51140: MesaLib-11.2.1 doesn't support GLSL software with
 >  modular X11.
 > Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 02:21:29 +0200
 >
 >  On Sun, 15 May 2016 13:50:00 +0000 (UTC)
 >  stackfield0trpg@gmail.com wrote:
 >
 >  > This problem seems partially corrected on xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mapi/entry.c (refer to http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mapi/entry.c.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&only_with_tag=MAIN&f=h).
 >  > Its code work on my system.
 >
 >  This is not the right fix. TLS dispatch is supposed to work in pkgsrc mesa.
 >  the brick demo works for me, how does it fail for you?
 >
 >  $ cd /tmp/pkgsrc-obj/graphics/MesaDemos/work/mesa-demos-8.2.0/src/glsl
 >  $ ./brick
 >  Uniforms:
 >    0: LightPosition size=1 type=0x8b51 loc=0 value=0.1, 0.1, 9, 0
 >    1: BrickColor size=1 type=0x8b51 loc=1 value=0.8, 0.2, 0.2, 0
 >    2: MortarColor size=1 type=0x8b51 loc=2 value=0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 0
 >    3: BrickSize size=1 type=0x8b50 loc=3 value=1, 0.3, 0, 0
 >    4: BrickPct size=1 type=0x8b50 loc=4 value=0.9, 0.8, 0, 0
 >  GL_RENDERER = Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR (DRM 2.38.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
 >

>Unformatted:

NetBSD Home
NetBSD PR Database Search

(Contact us) $NetBSD: query-full-pr,v 1.39 2013/11/01 18:47:49 spz Exp $
$NetBSD: gnats_config.sh,v 1.8 2006/05/07 09:23:38 tsutsui Exp $
Copyright © 1994-2014 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.