NetBSD Problem Report #53883

From www@NetBSD.org  Wed Jan 16 08:17:45 2019
Return-Path: <www@NetBSD.org>
Received: from mail.netbsd.org (mail.netbsd.org [199.233.217.200])
	(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
	(Client CN "mail.NetBSD.org", Issuer "mail.NetBSD.org CA" (not verified))
	by mollari.NetBSD.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id B0E8E7A1F7
	for <gnats-bugs@gnats.NetBSD.org>; Wed, 16 Jan 2019 08:17:45 +0000 (UTC)
Message-Id: <20190116081744.B6CCB7A210@mollari.NetBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 08:17:44 +0000 (UTC)
From: thorpej@me.com
Reply-To: thorpej@me.com
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Subject: Building webkit-gtk fails on aarch64
X-Send-Pr-Version: www-1.0

>Number:         53883
>Category:       pkg
>Synopsis:       Building webkit-gtk fails on aarch64
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    pkg-manager
>State:          feedback
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Jan 16 08:20:00 +0000 2019
>Closed-Date:    
>Last-Modified:  Wed Jan 23 14:05:01 +0000 2019
>Originator:     Jason Thorpe
>Release:        NetBSD 8.99.29 / webkit-gtk/Makefile v 1.155
>Organization:
NetBSD
>Environment:
NetBSD pinebook 8.99.29 NetBSD 8.99.29 (GENERIC64) #2: Sun Dec 30 10:40:26 PST 2018  thorpej@thorpej-mbp13:/Users/thorpej/NetBSD/current/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC64 evbarm

>Description:
webkit-gtk fails to build on aarch64:

===> Building for webkit-gtk-2.22.5nb1
[  0%] Built target WebKit-forwarding-headers
[  0%] Built target WebKit-fake-api-headers
[  1%] Built target bmalloc
[ 12%] Built target WTFForwardingHeaders
[ 16%] Built target WTF
[ 17%] Built target JavaScriptCoreForwardingHeaders
[ 17%] Built target JSC-fake-api-headers
[ 17%] Built target LLIntOffsetsExtractor
[ 36%] Built target JavaScriptCorePrivateForwardingHeaders
[ 36%] Built target stageSharedScripts
[ 44%] Built target JavaScriptCore
[ 45%] Built target xdgmime
[ 45%] Built target PALForwardingHeaders
[ 46%] Built target PAL
[ 50%] Built target ANGLESupport
[ 50%] Generate bindings (WebCoreBindings)
[ 50%] Built target WebCoreBindings
[ 73%] Built target WebCore
[ 74%] Built target WebCorePlatformGTK
[ 92%] Built target WebKit
gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target 'JavaScriptCore-4.0.gir', needed by 'WebKit2-4.0.gir'.  Stop.
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1318: Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /nbsd/pkgsrc/www/webkit-gtk
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /nbsd/pkgsrc/www/webkit-gtk
pinebook:thorpej 29$ 

>How-To-Repeat:
Build webkit-gtk2 on aarch64
>Fix:

>Release-Note:

>Audit-Trail:
From: Leonardo Taccari <leot@NetBSD.org>
To: gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/53883: Building webkit-gtk fails on aarch64
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:33:43 +0100

 Hello Jason,

 thorpej@me.com writes:
 > [...]
 > >Description:
 > webkit-gtk fails to build on aarch64:
 >
 > ===> Building for webkit-gtk-2.22.5nb1
 > [  0%] Built target WebKit-forwarding-headers
 > [  0%] Built target WebKit-fake-api-headers
 > [  1%] Built target bmalloc
 > [ 12%] Built target WTFForwardingHeaders
 > [ 16%] Built target WTF
 > [ 17%] Built target JavaScriptCoreForwardingHeaders
 > [ 17%] Built target JSC-fake-api-headers
 > [ 17%] Built target LLIntOffsetsExtractor
 > [ 36%] Built target JavaScriptCorePrivateForwardingHeaders
 > [ 36%] Built target stageSharedScripts
 > [ 44%] Built target JavaScriptCore
 > [ 45%] Built target xdgmime
 > [ 45%] Built target PALForwardingHeaders
 > [ 46%] Built target PAL
 > [ 50%] Built target ANGLESupport
 > [ 50%] Generate bindings (WebCoreBindings)
 > [ 50%] Built target WebCoreBindings
 > [ 73%] Built target WebCore
 > [ 74%] Built target WebCorePlatformGTK
 > [ 92%] Built target WebKit
 > gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target 'JavaScriptCore-4.0.gir', needed by 'WebKit2-4.0.gir'.  Stop.
 > gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1318: Source/WebKit/CMakeFiles/WebKit2-4-gir.dir/all] Error 2
 > gmake: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
 > *** Error code 2
 > [...]

 A similar problem was reported by Chavdar Ivanov in pkgsrc-users@...
 ...but on NetBSD/amd64 -current^[0] (so, maybe it is not just an aarch64
 problem!)

 At least on a not-so-current NetBSD/amd64 machine (8.99.25) and
 all packages updated to today pkgsrc-current I can't reproduce it
 (webkit-gtk build, install and run fine).

 Always in [0] Greg pointed out that similar problems can be due
 symbolic links, so probably worth to check:

  - Where pkgsrc tree is stored?
  - What is it used for WRKOBJDIR?

 (In my case the pkgsrc tree is on a /usr ffs and WRKOBJDIR is in
 a tmpfs.)


 Thanks!

  [0]: <https://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2019/01/21/msg027970.html>

From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
To: gnats-bugs@gnats.netbsd.org
Cc: 
Subject: Re: pkg/53883
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:25:25 +0000

 webkit-gtk builds if a valid DISPLAY is present OR if introspection is
 disabled.

 The same is valid for a few other packages using introspection, I
 tried xfce4-tunar and gtksourceview4.

 -- 
 ----

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: leot@NetBSD.org
State-Changed-When: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 12:49:02 +0000
State-Changed-Why:
Jason, can you please try to set a valid DISPLAY?

(if this does the trick a separate PR probably for
gobject-introspection or possible other related
packages should be filled.)


From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@me.com>
To: "gnats-bugs@netbsd.org" <gnats-bugs@NetBSD.org>
Cc: pkg-manager@netbsd.org,
 pkgsrc-bugs@netbsd.org,
 gnats-admin@netbsd.org,
 "leot@netbsd.org" <leot@NetBSD.org>
Subject: Re: pkg/53883 (Building webkit-gtk fails on aarch64)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 06:01:14 -0800

 > Jason, can you please try to set a valid DISPLAY?
 >=20
 > (if this does the trick a separate PR probably for
 > gobject-introspection or possible other related
 > packages should be filled.)

 Well, I may not be able to tell you.  On the system where I attempted to =
 build it, I did so specifically with X not running because I need every =
 bit of precious RAM just to run the stupid compiler.  I have to travel =
 internationally for work in a couple of days, so I will take my Pinebook =
 with me and set it up in my hotel room to churn away on it (I expect the =
 WebKit build to take at least 3 days, possibly longer if RAM is being =
 gobbled up by X).

 Ultimately, I really want to be doing bulk package builds on AWS, so the =
 ability to build headless is crucial.

 -- thorpej

>Unformatted:

NetBSD Home
NetBSD PR Database Search

(Contact us) $NetBSD: query-full-pr,v 1.43 2018/01/16 07:36:43 maya Exp $
$NetBSD: gnats_config.sh,v 1.9 2014/08/02 14:16:04 spz Exp $
Copyright © 1994-2017 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.